From: The Office of the GMAM
To: OFFICERS, ELECTED AND APPOINTED, HEROINES & KNIGHTS:
Date: January 3, 2019
It is my wish that all of you had a great Thanksgiving and Celebration the Birth of Christ at Christmas time with family and friends. We may count it an absolute blessing for each of us to have witnessed the breaking of 2019.
This correspondence is to give you information regarding the upcoming events hosted and co-sponsored by the Grand High Court Heroines of Jericho during the first six months of the year.
Please SHARE IN MEETING AND ALL MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO take due notice and govern yourselves accordingly.
- Heroines, please advise ME if you plan to accompany me on my visit to the Grand Chapter HRAM during the York Rite Weekend at 10:30 AM, Feb.1st. Although we support and love them, I am allowed a certain number of guests. I need to give a count by January 15th.
- Heroines working with or interested in working with the GENERAL CONFERENCE HOST COMMITTEE will meet mid-afternoon on Feb 1st during the Annual York Rite Weekend.
- Rahab Day Celebration will be March 23, 2019 in Texas City at the Showboat. Start making plans to participate. Each court is asked to be responsible for a minimum of 3 tickets or $105.00 for this event. Tickets (3) for your court are enclosed and funds are to be returned by March 1, 2019. Additional tickets are available for courts that need more than 3 tickets until the deadline date of March 1, 2019. Tickets may be sold to court members, the public, or purchased by the court. How you handle that is up to the local courts! However, they must be reported to the Grand Secretary by the deadline, so we can give the caterer a final count!
- 4 The 2019, 135th Grand Session of the Grand High Court Heroines of Jericho will be held June 20-23 at the Embassy Suites Hotel & Conference Center at 7600 John Q. Hammond in Frisco, TX. The room rate is $129.00, and you will be billed for your first night when you make reservations, with the balance due upon arrival at the hotel.
- Registration for the 135th Grand session will remain $125.00 per person, if paid before May 27, 2019 deadline; and each court shall register both their Most Ancient Matron and their Senior Matron (whether they attend or not). Paying full registration with NWC and cross-registering with HOJ for $25 does not satisfy the requirements. This is necessary for your local court to remain square.
- The Grand Youth Palace will not meet during the 2019 Grand Session. See #10 & 12E below. Remember to make room reservations!
- On Thursday morning, June 20, 2019, all appointed deputies will meet for training. You are being notified nearly 6 months ahead of time so please plan to be present. No excuses!
- The Holy Royal Arch Grand Chapter and The Grand High Court Heroines of Jericho will host the 97th General Conference on June 28-July 2, 2019 at the Westin DFW Hotel, 4545 W. John Carpenter FWY., Irving, TX. All officers and members are encouraged to attend. The room rate is $119.00 + tax and you will be billed for the first night when your reservation is made.
- Registration for the General Conference is $150.00, if paid before the deadline of June 1, 2019. (Lunches, banquet, and activities incl.) Late or On-Site Registration $175.00 with no guarantee of amenities.
- The Grand Palace of Texas will host a Youth Summit on Saturday, June 29th, 2019 during the General Conference. Registration for each youth & adult attending the Summit is $30.00. Registration form for Youth Summit is on line and must be completed by the June 1 deadline as registration for the General Conference. The registration will include lunch on Saturday (the children’s choice). This is the same fee you normally pay for the kids at Grand Session.
- All officers and courts are requested to purchase either a half-page or full-page in the 2019 Souvenir Journal for the General Conference. SEE WEB SITE FOR AD SHEETS. ( grandhighcourthojtx.org )
- TENTATIVE SCHEDULE; CHECK WEB SITE CAREFULLY, MONTHLY FOR CHANGES.
- All Joshua’s and Knights in attendance will assist the Grand Joshua and Deputy Grand in setting up the Court on Sunday evening at a time TBA.
- Texas will provide private hospitality from Friday evening through Monday evening in the hotel hosted by both the HRAM and Heroines in attendance. Individuals and courts please contact the DGMAM to advise how, when and where you will be able to serve. We will need greeters on Friday & Saturday; hostesses in hospitality nightly; possible assistance on a Casino trip; dinner and Banquet hostesses; & other!
- Saturday Night the General Conference will hold its Red & White Ball. The planned theme is: “A Night at The Apollo”! Who will be the Texas winning act?
- Sunday Morning at 10AM, the joint Memorial & Worship Service will be held. Texas Heroine funeral attire is to be worn by the Texas Jurisdiction.
- Sunday Afternoon at 3, the Parade of States (Queen’s Pageant & King’s Contest) will be held. Our plan is that our members wear western attire. White tops; blue jean skirts; red neckerchiefs/ties or handkerchiefs & boots, of course if you have them. The Grand Palace will have western hats for sale during York Rite Weekend for just $10.00 to match.
- Sunday Evening, 6 PM all registered members and registered guests will be treated to dinner and entertainment.
- As host, Texas Grand Court will open the 97th General Conference. Therefore, Grand Officers are to be in their respective seats on Monday, July1, 2019 @ 7:30 AM. Please advise GMAM if you are unable to attend so that appointments may be made to fill seats.
- Monday evening, the Joint Red & White Banquet will be held for all registered guests. Our Hostess Committee will serve at the banquet. Contact Heroine Maxey if interested.
- Tuesday afternoon, at the close of the session, the installation of the incoming General Conference Grand High Priest and General Conference Grand Most Ancient Matron will be held.
- A reception will be held for the incoming officers of the General conference on Tuesday evening. Details to follow.
THIS YEAR WILL BE VERY BUSY FOR US BUT THERE’S NOTHING HEROINES CAN’T DO WHEN THEY SET THEIR MIND TO IT! SEE YOU SOON.
Please check the web site often for additional information. www.grandhighcourthojtx.org
Yours in The Bond of The Scarlet Cord –